Muscletech Premium Mass Gainer Review (Powerful Scientific Driven Case Study)
Muscletech Premium Mass Gainer0.00
Ingredient Mix Quality9.0/10
- It does what it's supposed to do perfectly, if you eat properly and drink this mass gainer with water or milk you'll definitely gain weight.
- Plenty of vitamins included
- BCAAs included
- Several important ingredients for bodybuilding & general health included
- Great amount of protein per serving
- Contains Sugar
- Old & Hard To Find
- There Are Much Better Options, Scroll Down And Click The Link To See The Top 7 Best Mass Gainers
PS: This weight gainer has either a bag or a 12lb container
PS: This supplement is old & hard to find anywhere anymore, there are much better options, scroll down below and click the link to see the top 7 best mass gainers!
Before I begin with the review on this product, I wish to be 100% honest with you because we’ve recently reviewed a supplement that is far better than any weight gainer you could ever buy. I’ve reviewed hundreds of supplements & I have never been as IMPRESSED with the results as I am with Crazy Bulk, just so you have an idea, here’s one of our writer’s (Jules) & product reviewers that tried Crazy Bulk:
Keep in mind this was in less than 2 months! Not only did he lose bodyfat but he also gained muscle & his strength improved by leaps and bounds, we weren’t joking when we said that this supplement blew our minds.
I would definitely suggest everyone give it a try because you will not regret it, try it for 1 single month and post back the results!
If you do not wish to try the best supplement We’ve ever used in over 100+ supplements I’ve reviewed then keep reading as I’ll now review the MuscleTech weight gainer.
Our MuscleTech Premium Mass Gainer Review First Look
The first impression we had on this supplement upon inspecting the content & the ingredient list, was actually quite surprising, not only does it contain a lot of essential vitamins but also many other ingredients that have several benefits to human health in general.
Weight Gainers are usually looked down upon by a significant portion of bodybuilders/powerlifters because you can increase your weight as long as you eat enough, and honestly, they’re absolutely right, however, not everyone has an easy time “eating enough” not only that but not everyone has the time to eat 6 meals a day nor count calories for every single meal to make sure they meet their macros, and that’s where protein shakes & weight gainer shakes come in, they are perfect for these situations.
With this weight gainer not only will you gain weight if you drink the right servings along with eating correctly throughout the day, but you will also make sure to meet your macros because this weight gainer contains BCAAs and a significant amount of protein. If you further would like to increase the calorie & protein consumption, you can even drink it with milk instead of water for another ~200 extra calories & ~15 extra protein.
Before we proceed with the review, we suggest you check the cheapest provider we’ve found.
MuscleTech MASS-TECH Milk Chocolate 7 Lbs. – Designed For The Hardgainer! [More]
*Above Supplement Facts refer to the 12lb container
In this section, we will do a breakdown of the most essential ingredients from the above list and let you know their benefits & their downsides.
You’re probably thinking, why would this have sugar? Well, it’s completely common for mass gainers to have sugar in them, so you don’t have to worry about that, but even so, you’re right, sugar merely is here for the extra calories it provides and has little to no benefits. Instead, it has more downsides than benefits, hence why it’s looked down upon when using a weight gainer. According to Harvard studies, it has no necessary nutrients to your body.
Benefits of Sugar:
- High Caloric density
- Increased energy levels
- Reduces the efficiency of your pancreas which can lead to diabetes and other problems.
- Higher odds of having a heart disease
- Contains no necessary nutrients
- Increases Insulin resistance
- Can give you cancer
- Highly addictive
Well, obviously, protein is an essential nutrient for bodybuilding & for your body to recover & to be appropriately utilized. Even outside of the bodybuilding aspect, protein has many health associated benefits. Regarding the bodybuilding aspect of it, protein helps speed up muscle recovery & helps with increasing the muscle mass over time.
Benefits of Protein:
- When in a caloric deficit, high amounts of protein consumption can help retain muscle while losing fat.
- Lean body mass increased with the intake of higher doses of protein
- Whey protein improves your muscle protein synthesis when compared to other types of protein
- Higher doses help protect against chronic generative diseases
Downsides of Protein:
- Although not conclusive, specific studies show that it may increase cholesterol
- Increases the odds of Kidney Stones
Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12
These are all the vitamins that are included in this mass gainer, all of them bring several benefits to your health, we won’t specify each vitamin. However, we will list a few benefits. Regarding the downsides of these vitamins, well, there are none unless taken in massive quantities, which you won’t have to worry about because unless you are overdosing yourself with a multivitamin, this will never happen.
Benefits of Vitamins A,C,D,E,K, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12:
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Protects against several chronic & heart diseases
- Improves well function of your body
- Increases testosterone (Vitamin D)
- Improved metabolism
- Energy Boost
- Many others
This nutrient is considered to be essential, not so much for bodybuilding but mostly for your health in general.
- Helps to regulate the immune system
- Improves learning & memory capacity/performance
- Common problems such as diarrhea and common colds may be treated by taking Zinc
- Decreases the risk of aging chronic diseases
- Enhances fertility & improves your sex drive. (get ready to have raging boners more often!)
- Helps with acne and possibly even osteoporosis
- None unless taken in massive doses which is almost impossible, when in deficiency it may give you a lot of issues so having the right amount of zinc in this weight gainer & in your diet is excellent to avoid deficiency
Is an essential mineral for your body as it helps to improve the overall health of your body & immune system. However, it provides no benefits regarding bodybuilding.
Benefits of Selenium:
- Prevents certain types of cancer
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Regulates your immune system
- Blood flow improves, thus, decreasing chances of heart diseases
- Boosts fertility
- Improves Longevity
- Once again, none, however, when in deficiency it does cause a lot of issues so just like zinc it’s good to be included in this supplement and in your diet.
Manganese, Copper, Chromium
These are all nutrients important for your health but their benefits are in one way or another very closely related/similar to the benefits of each other, including Selenium, thus we decided not to delay this review any longer by listing the benefits of each of them, bottom of the line is, they’re all very beneficial to your health but not so much for bodybuilding.
Molybdenum isn’t a very well known mineral however it’s considered as essential. The reason why it’s not very well known despite being an essential mineral is because, it’s extremely rare for there be a deficiency(lack) of molybdenum in adults, thus it’s generally disregarded. It’s however, scientifically proven that larger doses may improve its effects which are quite numerous.
- It helps fight against certain types of cancer
- Blood Flow improvements
- Prevents tooth decay
- Uric Acid regulation
There are no downsides to Molybdenum unless you overdose in it, however, it’s almost impossible for such a thing to happen, extreme overdosing will lead to very severe issues such as seizures & brain damage.
Amino Acid Blend – Glycine, Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-valine
Amino acid Blends are also known as BCAA’s in the fitness industry, you’ve undoubtedly heard of them before, they are very important for bodybuilding and increasing muscle mass, other than that, it also helps with many health-related aspects. There’s a reason why BCAA’s have become so popular in the past few years.
Benefits of BCAA’s / Amino Acid Blends:
- Increases muscle mass
- Improves muscle protein synthesis
- Balances your hormones during intense training sessions
- Strength output improvement
- Decreases fatigue and enhances endurance training
- Enhances longevity
- Reduces diabetes
- Decreases muscle soreness & prevents muscle loss during long training sessions
- Reduces Vitamin B6 in the body. This weight gainer already contains Vitamin B6, so it acts as a counter effect of this downside, there’s nothing to worry about.
However, the dosage used in this supplement may not be enough to provide all the benefits that the BCAA’s give you, as such, if you’re looking into obtaining all the benefits that BCAA’s give you we would recommend you to try a supplement that focuses solely on BCAA’s such as this one, it can also be used as pre-workout since it contains caffeine.
For weight gainers, it’s usually recommended to take two scoops for a total of 330g. Not everyone may need all of this, if you already eat enough to maintain your weight then getting only a single scoop may prove to be enough to gain ~2lbs/1kg a month which is ideal for natural lifters to avoid gaining too much fat. Another important aspect is that you should make sure to keep eating as much as you usually are and only use this as a supplement and not as a meal replacement.
For extra calories feel free to drink the mass gainer with 500ml of milk as it’ll provide you with 15g of extra protein and roughly 200 extra calories. We do not recommend you to consume more than 2 scoops per day.
Overall, this supplement is excellent, not only does it have a lot of vitamins & essential nutrients for your overall immune system & body health but also has many benefits for building the muscle mass that you desire. The brand is relatively well known and popular although for some products it is considered to be slightly overpriced. This product itself we feel like the price is just right because it really is a high-quality product and you don’t really need to look for alternatives since this one already provides you with everything that you and your body needs.
As mentioned before, the only real downside to this product is the sugar addition, but sugars are found in pretty much every single weight gainer, so that’s fine, other than this, there’s nothing else that you should have to worry about, we feel like the 8.8 rating we gave it is a perfect representation of its actual performance.
What are my options regarding container sizes?
Currently you can get the Muscletech Premium Mass Gainer 12lb (5.45kg) container, 7lb (3.18kg) container & 2.2lb (1kg) container.
Are there any muscletech mass gainer side effects?
No, there are absolutely no side effects, all the ingredients are perfectly healthy besides, maybe, sugar which in extreme quantities can give you diabetes but you won’t have a problem unless you enjoy eating sweets several times per day for weeks/months while also drinking a weight gainer (any weight gainer for that matter, not just this one). Overall, no, unless you don’t care at all about your diet then no, there are no side effects.